The Charities Challenge
Pleasure from learning, physical activity and social contribution to all parts of our community
This challenge allows participation by service users of any charity whether or not such service users are aged over 55. It enables the philosophy and benefits of The Challenge Hub to extend beyond those who might engage with it directly. Any charity may register for The Charities Challenge by submitting the relevant application form. That charity can then design its own challenge suitable for its service users. It will be down to each charity to operate its own challenge (which may even be bespoke for each service user) but the advantages of operating through The Challenge Hub are:
- Each service user is registered as a member of The Challenge Hub. They will therefore have access to the information and motivation which it generates. Horizons will be widened. An additional sense of identity and of being part of something will follow.
- The bespoke terms of the challenge should be designed to raise self-esteem, at the same time giving objectives and purpose. It may include life skills, such as basic IT competence, which will allow connection to a wider world, friends or family so reducing loneliness and isolation. In any event it will bring the learning of such skills into a structure. It allows each service user to keep control by deciding on the characteristics of his / her own challenge according to his / her ability and inclination.
- On completion of the bespoke challenge each service user will receive a certificate from The Challenge Hub as proper recognition of his / her achievement.
The process is as follows:
- Complete the Charity Registration form including details of your charity / contact details
- Submit the form to The Challenge Hub (“TCH”). We do ask you to make a small donation for operating The Charities Challenge on your behalf and this will be agreed with you.
- On the website TCH will then add your charity name under “The Charities Challenge” area of the website. A link to your charity’s website may be added if you wish.
- Register each of your service users as a member of TCH in the usual way and giving appropriate contact details for that service user. Tick the “Charities Challenge” box where applicable. This will open a menu of the different charities who have registered for The Charities Challenge. Click on your own charity. The relevant service user will then be registered with TCH and TCH will know that his / her relevant challenge is the one prepared by your charity.
- When your service user has completed his / her challenge then the evidence for that should be submitted to TCH by e-mail in the normal way. If submitted by the service user then the e-mail will be forwarded to your charity for confirmation that the challenge has been completed.
- If such confirmation is given or if the original e-mail submission is from your charity then the relevant Certificate will be dispatched to / for the service user.